About KNB Program
The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship is a financial assistance offered by the Indonesian Government to International students coming from developing countries to pursue their master degree in Indonesian Universities. Initially, the idea of offering scholarships by the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia for the student coming from the NAM member countries was mandated in the 10th Conference of Heads of States of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries commenced in Bandung from 1st – 6th September 1992. Following that mandate, in 1993 the Government of the Republic of Indonesia started offering postgraduate (master degree) scholarships to students from the NAM member countries.
Since 2002, due to the substantial change in the international political constellation, the use of the term “NAM” in this program was considered irrelevant. The program name then changed to Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (Developing Countries Partnership) Scholarship or KNB Scholarship. Consequently, the program have been widely offered to students, not only to the NAM member countries, but also to other developing countries such as Thailand, Fiji, Gambia, Senegal, Nigeria, Madagascar, Suriname, Pakistan, Guyana, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, and Vanuatu.
The Indonesian government realizes that higher education could compose a more constructive role in helping such a country to achieve a long-term socio-economic goal as it has a clear and practical impact on society. We are convinced that it can promote responsible citizens, ethical behavior, educational ambition, professional development in a broad range of fields, and even cross border engagement. And as part of our commitment to help our international society surviving the global social and economic challenges, sharing our experience and resources in nurturing highly skilled and educated society has become our primary approach to contribute in the human resources development in our neighboring developing countries. The developing countries certainly need leaders, well-mannered society, educated citizens, and skilled workers for their industry, government, and academia. In this respect, the KNB scholarship offered by the Indonesian government provides the opportunity for potential students in developing countries to develop their knowledge and competencies that will subsequently enhance their chances to fulfill those roles back in their home countries. The KNB scholarship opens the opportunity to experience life in the culturally most diverse nation in the world while studying and earning a master degree.
- To contribute in the human resource development in the developing countries;
- To promote deeper cultural understanding among developing countries;
- To strengthen the relationship and cooperation among developing countries.
- Downloading the Invitation Letter posted in the KNB Scholarship website;
- Submitting the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter;
- Completing the online application for selection process;
- Receiving the selection result broadcasted online in the KNB Scholarship Website and/ or officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network.
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university;
- A Settlement Allowance IDR 1.000.000,- (be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia)
- Indonesian language course and preparatory programs
- Living Allowance during Language Program
- Monthly Allowance during Master Program ( Living Allowance, Research Allowance, Books Allowance
- A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium (In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student)
- The scholarship will be provided for a maximum of 36 months (In case of early program completion, the scholarship will be stopped soon after the student set off for their home country);
- Please be advised that the scholarship scheme will only sufficient to cover one person to living properly in most cities where the universities are located.
* Note: Other expenses beside above mentioned items will be considered as personal expenses and will be borne by the students.
- Language instruction in lectures is recommended in Bahasa Indonesia;
- Thesis should be written in Bahasa Indonesia unless the university suggested otherwise;
- Research should be carried out in Indonesia.
Important dates :
The Online application process must be completed no later than 30 April 2017
Selection process will be conducted on the 1st week of May 2017
Selection Result will be announced on the 1st week of June 2017
The students are expected to arrive in Jakarta on 30 August 2017
Orientation will be organized in 31 August 2017
Directorate General of Science, Technology, and Higher Education Affairs Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education Republic of Indonesia
D Building, 6th Floor Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, Senayan, Jakarta 10270
Phone : +6221 57946063
Fax : +6221 57946062
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
KNB Program at Universitas Atma Jaya Yogyakarta
Universitas Atma Jaya Yogyakarta provide KNB Program for Master Degree Only,
Master of Business Administration
Master of Civil Engineering
Master of Law
Master of Informatics
Master of Architecture (Digital)
More Information :
Partnership and Promotion Office of Universitas Atma Jaya Yogyakarta
Thomas Aquinas Bld., Jalan Babarsari No. 44 Yogyakarta 55281 , Indonesia
Phone : +62-27-487711 Ext. 2111/ 2113
Mobile Phone : +62-85228892424
Fax : +62-274-48748
Email : email@example.com