The Bachelors’ Degree in Industrial Engineering is offered to assist young professionals with global perspectives and widely acknowledged qualifications. The degree holders are expected to be able to pursue careers in regional, national, and multi-national settings, both in the domains of manufacturing and other related service industries.
Program Administration and History
International Industrial Engineering Program – Department of Industrial Engineering Universitas Atma Jaya Yogyakarta was established in 2001. Department of Industrial Engineering Universitas Atma Jaya is accredited A Badan Akreditasi Nasional Perguruan Tinggi Indonesia (BAN-PT) (No: 020/BAN-PT/Ak-XIII/S1/X/2010). The instructors comprise a few doctors, masters’ degrees, several visiting lecturers, practitioners and native lecturers in order to assist students with hands-on problem and solution within the corporations. The strength of the program anchors in the quality teaching and learning process.
Why Study International Program?
The intense competition in global business world, both in manufacturing and service industries, requires industries to hire skillful human resources who are able to support them in running their business globally. The human resources need to have both ANALYTICAL and MANAGERIAL SKILL .
Industrial Engineering is then a perfect major that prepares young people to be able to serve and to support industries in this global competition.
Through our strong commitment to improve the quality of our students by equipping them not only with the analytical skill, but also others skill, such as leadership and language skill, we believe that our graduates are able to take the challenge and meet the requirements of the industrial world.
If you have a strong desire to take a challenge in this global competition, then INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING is for YOU!
OUR VISION AND MISSION
Inspired by the spirit of inclusive and humanitarian, Department of Industrial Engineering Vision will be the national leader in Industrial Engineering major and internationally involved both in academic and research to strengthen the national industry.
a. To make a Industrial Engineering education that is able to produce high quality of Industrial Engineer for working either in the national or multinational company
b. To maintain state-of-the-art research focusing on the theoretical development in Industrial Engineering that recognized internationally
c. To maintain the problem solving research in industrial practice
d. To make community service both to society and industry that is in line with the result from Industrial Engineering research
e. To maintain sustainable network and partnership with either national or international institution for supporting Three (3) Dharma Activities
Department of Industrial Engineering has aims: to:
A. To produce high quality of Industrial Engineer that has spirit of inclusive and humanitarian and has competencies as below:
a. Main Competencies
• Have an understanding and ability to use both analytical and computational tools.
• Have an understanding and ability to design and conduct experiiment, as well as to analyze and interpret the data
• Have an ability to design integrated system of man, material, information, equipment, and energy and define the performance of the system using system perspective approach
• Have an ability to identify and formulate the problem occured in the integrated system of man, material, information, equipment and enery using system perspective approach
• Have an ability to find the solution from the formulated problem
• Have an ability to make a decision and solution based on problem solving analysis and have an understanding the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
• Have an ability to communicate effectively
b. Additional competency
• Successfully apply contemporary techniques, skills, knowledge, experience, critical thinking and modern engineering tools neccesarry for engineering practice and for performing industrial engineering profession
• Have an ability to work in a team setting effectively either as a leader or a member
• Have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
c. Other competency
• Have an ability to be a technopreneur to create job position
• Have an ability and expertise in Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) including Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
• Have an ability and expertise in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
• Have an ability and expertise in Industrial Automation
• Have an excellent English proficiency
B. To produce the researches that are focusing on:
• the theoretical development in Industrial Engineering that recognized internationally
• problem solving in industrial engineering practice
• the development of technopreneurship skill
C. To contribute on the sustainable development through the community service activities that are focusing on:
• the improvement of the quality of life of the society
• the improvement of the competitive advantage of the national industry
D. To develop network and partnership to both institution and industry either nationally or internationally in order to:
• support 3 (Three) Dharma Activities
• provide an opportunity for industrial engineering graduants to have a link with industry